
Weekend wrapup:
Friday: Worked till 4:30 then headed to my hometown to a Relay for Life event in our town park with each team having a booth for fundraising and music in the gazebo. My dad played with one of his many bands and it was a nice relaxing night. The bf headed over a little later to hear the last of the music and then we headed to the movie store and we rented Charlie Bartlett. It was a really good movie.
Saturday: Went to a bridal brunch for a guy friend's new wife. It was nice...she got alot of kitchen stuff...and I hate to vent but this girl just seems soo out of it! Like she got all this stuff and was like to bad we dont have a wall or a faucet or a freezer...obviously they don't have an apt yet..they are living with her parents. I wanted to scream out..No need to fill us in on every part of an apartment that you dont have that is required for each gift!!! Ahhhh...I know I am a terrible person...boo boo on me! It was nice to see one of my besties though!! She is 5 months prego and looked so cute and it was nice to catch up for bit. So it was mostly like teachers over the age of 50 there and then my friend who is prego and married and the bride who is prego and obviously married...i definitly felt out of the loop...but just wait it gets better! Then we came back to my parents house and relaxed for the night just watching tv...it was quite rainy out.
Sunday: Went to church with the bf, then went shopping at this used furniture place with my mom and I got a beautiful 5 drawer dresser, dark wood, in really good condition for only $125 and then I also found two matching end tables with a cool design on them for my living room...only $25 each. These were my bday presents from my parents and I am soo excited to get them to my apt!! Then I visited a little with the parents and then headed back to my apt, did some grocery shopping at Wegmans (LOVE THAT STORE!!!) and unpacked from the weekend. I was just in a great mood about my new furniture and that it is my bday week so I called one of my friends to tell her I wanted to go out this weekend for my bday to go dancing and enjoy drinks!!!
Oh wait here it comes...my bf calls me and says this number just texted me saying OMG Im engaged! Call you later with details...I wasnt sure who it was so I looked in my phone and it was one of my friends..We were like attached to the hip in high school and lived together all 4 years of college but since I moved into my apt 2 years ago..weve just grown apart and Ive really had a hard time with it..so after a mini crying breakdown she ended up calling me last night and telling me all about it. I am really happy for her and she was like get ready you will be in a wedding next year and im like wow..this is her first boyfriend and theyve been dating a year I dont know...I was a little surprised but most the people around me werent. I really hate to say this but I must vent..I thought I would be at the stage before she was but I cant be jealous or mad or bitter because that doesnt help anyone! Sorry for the rant..I was just soo excited last night and now I feel like a rotten little girl because..I feel like I wanted to go celebrated my 24th bday this weekend but the news of her engagement will definitly overshadow my festivities...my bestie neighbor said no way we will have a fabulous time...I feel like a bad friend but its like I dont know being out of touch for soo long and I am supposed to be thrilled for her I dont know...
Anyways: Monday morning started with a bang with lovely road construction at every turn!! Ahh I am in a grumpy mood...need to get out of this funk...it is the start of my bday week!!
don't feel like a bad girl...i would feel the exact same freakin way!! and ps...i love getting good furniture deals too!
ReplyDelete