Thursday, May 13, 2010

I booked our first honeymoon!! (yes we are having two..hopefully lol)

So the fiance is in the Air Force and starts pilot training a couple months after we get married and 10 days after we get married he has to go away for a month of training. Thus honeymoon plans were never my top priority. I understood that with the military life you have to be flexible and as chronic planner, it is a hard adjustment. Anyways, the fiance knew my dream honeymoon would be on a tropical island laying out in the sun enjoying a fruity drink and spending quality time with him. He would rather wait to plan this honeymoon so we can go longer and not have pilot training in his head, hopefully a Sandals resort. Instead, he came up with option of taking a shorter honeymoon right after the wedding for a couple days before he heads to training for a month.

So the monday after our wedding we will be flying to......WASHINGTON DC!!! I am soo excited, I have never been there and have wanted to go soo bad!! I know its dorky but I wont fee like a "true" American until I see the White House and all the monuments. We are staying Monday, Tues, Wed, and Thursday Night and flying back Friday.

Latham Hotel in Georgetown

I am soo excited to plan tours and all the destinations I want to go to, museums, the best restaurants, and maybe check out the Real World DC house lol


Jefferson Memorial!


Library of Congress!!

Lincoln Memorial!!

Smithsonian!!

White House!!



If anyone is from the DC area or has ever been there, please let me know where I should go and any advice you may have!!

4 comments:

  1. You are going to love DC! I used to work there and I miss it so much!! I hope you have so much fun! You both with love the history and patriotism that encompasses DC! It is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great!! I've never been, but I would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! That is a nice trip you have planned! Can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DC is amazing, I've been there a few times and it's always so great! Make sure you check out the Air and Space Museum it's great! Also at the Lincoin monument they have stuff down under the monument that you can tour thru and it's worth the time.

    ReplyDelete