I had a wonderful AI date with a new friend and fellow pilot spouse last night! There were a couple good singers and a couple odd balls but all in all I am very excited for this season! I am afraid that Jennifer Lopez is too nice and may come off like Paula Abdul but I think the Bronx in her will come out eventurally! Steven Tyler is a character and he even sang along with some of the contestants. I could see him becoming the next Simon Cowell. Randy Jackson was pretty tough last night though too! We will see
Today started the second part of pilot training for the hubby. The first part was about 6 weeks long and was mainly academic, taking a test every week and studying but still a pretty normal schedule. Today starts 12 hour days, no phone calls during the day, or dropping in when there is a break. I think this is the hardest and most stressful for the pilots and for their spouses. I think once I get used to it, it will hopefully fly by. My last semester of grad school will be starting in two weeks so that will definitly keep me busy as well as my two days at the thrift shop. Today I am feeling a little grumpy, hopefully I will get out of my funk and accept the crappiness of phase 2 and realize there is nothing I can do about it but stay busy and understand I wont be seeing my hubby alot! After this training is up, about december of this year, 2012, I joke, will be all about me seeing this year is all about him! I hope to go on my tropical honeymoon in 2012 as well as be working full time in my career field and maybe spoil myself a little more!
Sorry for the compalints, just needed to vent a bit! On a positive note, I am meeting a couple spouses tonight for dinner and bunco fun!


I don't think your complaining. It's a new situation you'll just have to get used to and once you do, it will flyyy by (pun intended). :) And thanks for the AI update! I wasn't sure how this season was going to be so I didn't watch it. But I remember someone saying with the two newbies, that Randy was gonna become the sturdy, hard-ass. We'll see...
ReplyDeleteSounds like American Idol is going to be a riot. I haven't watched in FOREVER...maybe I'll start again?!
ReplyDeleteSorry about "phase 2," but you will definitely be able to stay busy with all you have on your plate. I am trying to plan our honeymoon for this year -- hopefully it will all work out! :)
Have a great day!
I recorded AI last night and am just getting ready to watch it! woo hoo!!!
ReplyDeleteJennifer Lopez could not be prettier, and somehow I just realized that last night.
I really like the new judges on Idol but I do kinda miss Simon. I felt like he had a good ear and could tell the real singers apart better than anyone else could.
ReplyDelete