Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Vacation Recap Part 2-July 9-July 17

July 9-Mom and I headed to my grandparents house for a visit then headed home to my little cousin's high school graduation party. He will be heading to basic training for the Navy in the fall! It was so nice to see family and friends at the party!

July 10- Blake's Baptism! After the church service, Blake Charles was baptized! I am his god mother and my brother in law's brother or Blake's Uncle is his god father! I gave Blake a silver cross with a little boy kneeling and praying on it to hang in his room and a cute onesie that said I <3 Aunt Sara! After the baptism we headed home with my grandparents and I took a little nap on the couch he he But no worries I was up in time to watch Big Brother!!






July 11- Hung out around my parents house most of the day then headed to a yummy Italian restaurant where I got pizza and wings and I took my grandpa there for his birthday present! I also got to see Blake! I call him my little bird because he is such a cutie and coos and chirps when hes happy:) After dinner, mom and I headed home and I went for a walk with a friend and her st. Bernard who is huge!

July 12-Today was my grandparents 64th wedding anniversary! My sister and I got them a sign for their house that says Nana and Papas nest! That is what their great grandchildren call them. Mom and I went to a local new place for lunch where we shared a roast beef pannini. Then later that day we went over to my sisters house to visit and we all went for a walk to get some yummy twist ice cream!

July 13-Mom, my sister, Blake and I headed to the outlets for shopping and for me to meet up with a friend and her daughter who don't live too far from there. It was so nice to catch up with her and see how much her daughter has grown! I got some great deals! I got a pair of jeans from the gap outlet for $11 and a pink shirt for $10. I also got a pair of white shorts, white capris and black capris from Ann Taylor Loft outlet! The capris were only 14.99 each and the shorts were 19.99. Then we headed to my sister's friends restaurant for some delicious Italian food! We were all tired from the long day!

July 14-I took my grandma for her birthday present-a pedicure! She had never had one and it was nice for her and I to go! Then I hooked up her web cam and skype so we can chat! My grandpa got her the web cam for her birthday! After visiting with my grandparents mom and I stopped at Marshalls where I got my my mother in law a gift card for her birthday and a really cute orange cardigan for me:) Then I headed to a friends house for dinner and to visit and watched Big Brother!

July 15-Happy Birthday to Mom! She was finally able to open her large box I sent her, two beautiful blue pillows from Target! We went to a cute restaurant on the beach for lunch then to a cute little shop where I got a fake hydrangea bush as well as some cute wooden decor and a white ceramic dish decoration.  We also went to a rummage sale where I got Blake some cute onesies!  We all headed to my sister house where we visited, went swimming, in the hot tub, then to dinner!


   
July 16- Went to a local lunch place with everyone then walked around the beach and little amusement park with Blake and took cute pictures near the merry go round!  Then we came home and relaxed a bit before heading out to our town's parade and fireman's field days!  After the parade and field days, we rented the movie Just go with it, which I had seen, but was still very funny and cute!








July 17- My sister, dad, brother in law and I played in a charity golf tournament! I did OK seeing I wasn't feeling the best! I got a 109 but with the max handicap it was a 73 and I ended up getting two sleeves of balls at the banquet/dinner. Mom and Blake came to the dinner and then we went to visit with my grandparents and say our goodbyes/see you soons! It was hard to say goodbye to everyone seeing I wont be up till December! Then I headed back to my parents house to pack, watch big brother, and rest and try to feel better!

July 18-I was supposed to leave at 10am but my flight got changed and I ended up leaving at 130pm so my parents took me to a couple stores to shop around instead of sitting in the airport which was nice! I actually found a cute pair of jean capris at Marshall's for $10 that my mom is going to mail to me he he

So that was my wonderful summer vacation visiting family and friends! I forgot to mention that I helped my dad set up his ipod touch and was happy to set up his car adaptor and arm band so he can listen to his favorite tunes all the time! Back to reality though...cooking cleaning and hot hot temps in Texas! Hopefully the thrift shop will open soon cause the jobs are still slim pickings!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great time. Being with friends and family is such a blessing. I'm hoping that settling back into the Texas heat is going well.

    ReplyDelete