Saturday, October 24, 2020

Prioritizing my health and fitness

 In July, I decided to start working out and eating healthy. Over the past 4 months I had a lot of stress and anxiety with the pandemic, moving after 5 years to a new state, selling our house while taking care of my kids. I gained some weight, wasn't sleeping well at all and my mood was low.

When we moved, our new community here has a neighborhood gym literally three 5 houses down from our house, for free open 24/7. I had no excuse. I decided to try the weight machines and ran on the treadmill.

I used to run in my late teens early 20s and enjoyed it but developed chronic bursitis in my left hip which deterred me. Then once i had kids I just would try to walk with the stroller. I decided to try out running again and see what would happen-no big expectations or pressure on myself. Now three months into running, I am averaging 5-6 miles a week and continuing to workout at the gym. I have gone down a pant size and lost inches and pounds.

The most Ive been able to run at a time is 2.5 miles and Im not sure if I will be able to run more than three with my bursitis flare ups but I am happier and feeling healthier focusing on my health and fitness.


No comments:

Post a Comment