Since I was a little girl, I've had a love and appreciation for music especially when I am outside and working out/ moving my body. As a young teen, I would clip my walkman then disc man to my pants and rollerblade up and down my road and driveway. I was so excited when I got my first iPod and was able to run while listening to motivating tunes to push me though those valleys on my run when I was ready to stop.
Currently, I have a running playlist on my phone that I listen to while running that puts a smile on my face, keeps my feet moving and motivates and encourages me to keep going. Creating a playlist is a fun process of choosing songs that will keep you moving (usually with a good beat so I usually stay away from the slow songs) and keep you positive (they might be cheesy 90s pop like That's the way it is by Celine Dion or a classic rock hit like Under Pressure by Queen).
Whatever your favorite tunes are that will encourage you to keep moving and keep you smiling are what helps determine if your workout will be successful or not, in my opinion.
Music to me is essential and something I need to listen to everyday whether I am in the car, out for a run or having a dance party with my kids. Hope you all enjoy some fun tunes this weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment