Monday, January 25, 2021

Family adventure-visit to Waco, Texas!

 A week before Christmas, my husband surprised me and booked an overnight stay in Waco Texas for the 4 of us! I have been a big Fixer Upper fan for the past 5 years and have always wanted to see the Silos and their new businesses. Living in Northwest Louisiana, we are only about 3.5 hours away from Waco.

We left the Monday before Christmas early and was able to have lunch from one of food trucks at the Silos and sit on the infamous lawn and have a picnic which my kids loved. Then we walked around the shops there. I got a chai tea latte at the Magnolia Press which was worth waiting in line to enjoy. I also had a couple other places I wanted to see that I had seen on their tv show. We were able to see Harp Design Co's building and house they renovated on the show. It wasn't open but even driving by it was nice! Then we stopped at the Magnolia (little shop on Bosque) and looked around at how Chip and Joanna began their journey.

We lucked out and we had beautiful weather that day and enjoyed the sun and mild 60 degree temps. We stayed in a super cute air bnb a couple blocks from the Silos which was great! Tuesday morning we woke up bright and early in hopes of eating breakfast at the infamous Magnolia Table restaurant. I had looked online to make reservations but they were all booked up. We got there at 7am when the doors opened and were able to get a seat and have some delicious breakfast. I had the eggs benedict, my favorite breakfast
dish and it did not disappoint! 

After breakfast we drove around a bit, then headed to the Silos Baking company to get in line for some chocolate chip cookies. They closed early on Monday and we weren't able to stop in then. The bakery is rather small but perfect for a delicious baked good. Our kids were troopers, as well as my husband, as they let me enjoy all the sights Monday and Tuesday morning. We decided that Tuesday before we headed back to Louisiana we would check out the Cameron Park zoo in Waco. It was a bit chilly that day but we all enjoyed seeing the animals up close. I would definitely recommend a visit to Waco, Texas if you are a fan of Chip and Joanna Gaines and the Magnolia brand. It is a trip I will treasure and I'm so glad I was able to experience it with my family.


Here are some photos from our adventure!

















No comments:

Post a Comment