So since Monday... I have been commuting 45 minutes to work from my parents house..not soo much fun! Monday I checked with my new apt and they hadn't started painting yet because they were soo backed up and were hopefully going to start tuesday. So I drove home after work and went out to dinner at this very modern Italian place. Yummy food and great atmosphere!!
Then Tuesday comes, I took a half day at work and met my parents at my old apt to start cleaning, like intensive deep cleaning so I can get every last penny of my security deposit back! I headed to the new apt around 3 to let Time Warner in to set up my cable and roadrunner. I call the apt manager and she said they were going to try to start painting today..it was 3:00 please! So I told her I would like to move in by the end of the week preferably before Saturday and she said that should definitly be done.
See I can't really complain too much because they let me move in a week early so that I could clean my apt seeing I had to be totally moved out of my old place by the 31 and would have no where to move my stuff in the mean time so seeing my lease doesnt start till Saturday Aug 1, I am just impatient and frustrated.
So after the deep cleansing of the old apt and the set up of time warner at the new apt I got in my car, once again, and drove home, grabbed subway for dinner and chocolate cover almonds yum! and watched big brother...can't believe they didn't put up Ronnie!!! I am soo not sure who will get kicked off!
Now, Wednesday morning, I drive to work, get there around 8:20, I get a call from the apt at 8:30 saying that they are there to paint but can't get into the place so I drive over there super fast, good thing I work like 10 minutes away, and let them in. The painter says he thinks he will be able to paint the whole place today, which is a teal living room, hallway and dining room and a yellow bedroom. It is all being painted white.
So here I am at work, a little happier knowing that the painting has begun but still anxious about all the work I have ahead of me to unpack and settle in!
Happy hump day!
Yay for getting the painting done today! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I hate moving oh, so much and am so glad to be done with it. I can't wait until you're at that place!
ReplyDeleteHi Sassypants! So glad to hear they are painting today. Just be thankful you don't have to do the 45 minute drive everyday, right?! And let me tell you, I can barely move today after hockey last night. P.S. I still suck! lol It was all division 1 college hockey players, plus me!
ReplyDeletemoving sucks and is so stressful. always worth it in the end - hang in there! :)
ReplyDelete