Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Its not what you do..its who you are that matters in the end"

This quote has stuck with me since Sunday at church. The priest was talking about how he looks at obituaries from his hometown and how sad it is that so many of his friends had passed. He spoke of a particular person that was a dear friend and he pointed out how the obituary didn't have all of their degrees and work information but it spoke that they were a christian, good hearted and surrounded my friends and family. The base we are at is quite small and not much going on in the city. He said that maybe it was God's plan to have us be stationed here to slow ourselves down and relax and concentrate on oneself not on what you do.

This hit close to me. It has been quite a transition for me moving across the country away from friends and family and not working. I have worked full time since two months after college and up until the end of may of this year I was full time employed, planning a wedding, and taking two grad classes online. Quite a full plate, now that I am married and I am between semesters, things have slowed down a bit and it has been hard to relax and just do work around the house. I have tried applying for jobs and keeping busy but after this sunday I have been trying to see this new home as a reminder for me that it is ok to take a break and relax and read books and work out and not feel guilty or unproductive.

Anyways lol sorry about that, its been on my mind and I needed to let it out and remind myself everyday that its not what you do its who you are and how you treat others that matters in the end.


A year ago I got engaged, how crazy is that! So many memories have been made this past year that I will never forget! Also technically the hubby and I have been together 4 years today, we starting dating after he was my date to my sis's wedding August 5, 2006.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on 4 years!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 4 years together and so many more ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right. You do deserve to step back and just soak in this transition and enjoy your life as a newlywed and on this new journey. You're a wonderful person and I love you very much (and miss you too)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing person no matter if you are working, playing or just lounging out. It is always hard to relax but taking the time to appreciate the journey makes the ride much more fun. Love you lots! Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete