Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Job and bad news running...

Yesterday I started my new job as thrift store manager at the thrift store on base. It is a charitable organization that contributes funds to local organizations and a scholarship fund every year. Yesterday was mostly training but I enjoyed everyone I met and the store had some super cute finds, I wanted to put some aside for myself. I work from 830-130 then because of some lovely car trouble, my car is in the shop for the next week, I walked home for lunch. I work again on Friday which should finish up my training and then I will be on my own for training next week!

Since Sunday, my left hip has been bothering me. Back in 2009, I was diagnosed with chronic bursitis in my left hip and went to physical therapy for a month and pretty much ruled out running because of the pain. I decided in November to try to train for a 5k race, which I used to run all the time in college. I was doing well and working my way up from 1 mile the first week to three miles last week. Sunday morning I woke up with throbbing pain in my hip and it shooting down my leg, I had felt this before back when I went to physical therapy. I stretched and rested that day, Monday the pain hadn't subsided so I thought maybe a walk would be good, so I walked from our house to the post office on base, only like a 10-15 minute walk, when I got back home, the pain and discomfort was still there. Yesterday I walked to work, it was about 30 degrees out but only like a 12 minute walk, after being on my feet on cement floors for 5 hours, and walking home, I called the dr. and made an appointment to get it checked out. I wont be able to see the dr till Monday which stinks because the race is next saturday. I dont want to run before seeing the dr, so it looks like I wont be running in the race.

It is quite disappointing and frustrating seeing I worked so hard the past month and was really looking forward to running and had enjoyed getting back into running! Oh well, its something I will have to live with the rest of my life and will have to create new goals in exercise.

3 comments:

  1. What a complete bummer for you. I hate that you won't be able to run in the race. Good luck at your Dr's appointment -- I hope you get some good news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks that you can't run. I hope you get some good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think positive! You'll be in New York for Christmas in less than a month! Hope your hip starts feeling better.

    ReplyDelete