Monday, April 18, 2011

What I've been up to-Military Spouse Crafts and Store Closings

Hi Everyone! Here is a two part series on what I have been up to in the past couple weeks!

Two other military spouses and I decided to embark on a fun craft project! I am not the crafty person but decided to try and have fun with it. We made a decoration for our home to show each base we have been at. Obviously this is our first base but we had fun painting and shopping for the materials!
Here is the finished product




I don't have the best penmanship but I think it brings out my style and character hehe


On a side note, the base thrift shop that I have been a manager of since December, closed last week. The building that the shop is in is having renovations done fro asbestos removal and we had to pack up most of the store and cover everything. The construction crew has three months to complete the project so hopefully we will be back open in july or august. It stinks for me that Friday was my last day for a couple months and last pay check. I would love to get a job in my human resources field now that my masters degree is complete but it is slim pickings in my area. Hopefully some office job opens up because those lovely school loans are going to be coming due that have been deferred while Ive been in school!

Stay tuned for Part-two of what i've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment